Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn

Go down 
+10
Motox_Matt
phil Weston #12
bren#75
Paul#11
flippspeed 40
Roy # 114
tunnell 2
Clayts #35
Grovesy #98
Olly
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn Empty
PostSubject: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 pm

How about a HMX track day at Golding Barn one Wednesday during the "quite time" mid season? If there is enough interest I will speak to the guy's at Bortech to see if HMX members can get a discount and if there is enough of us we may even get the track to ourselves....

Please post your interest here. Cool

Last edited by Olly#8 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm

afro Got a possible 6 riders for this, depending if they can get time off etc Wink
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm in cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rmeservices.com
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:10 pm

me and 8 others
Back to top Go down
Roy # 114
CR125
CR125
Roy # 114

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 am

I'm up for it!! I expect there will be a few others from Thatcham up for it as well.
Back to top Go down
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 pm

olly any idea when cant wait
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Was thinking one Wednesday in June or July. Will call Bortech tomorrow & check it out.

Roy, love your avatar. GLC, you knows it Cool
Back to top Go down
flippspeed 40

flippspeed 40

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Can slow riders go to bounce
Back to top Go down
Roy # 114
CR125
CR125
Roy # 114

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 am

'I didn't have a car so i used a space hopper', you knows it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul#11
RM250
RM250
Paul#11

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:24 am

U knows im in!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 am

Spoke to Bortech today and am waiting for them to get back to me with some more details and costs. If we want a closed track for a Club only session then it would have to be mid week and not Wednesday. So, if we can get enough riders we should be able to get the track to ourselves. I reckon a Tuesday would be best as they then have time to repair after the Sunday.

They also tell me that they've been doing a lot of work on the track with a revised layout, sounds good.
Watch this space for updates.
Cool
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 am

Latest update is that it looks like it will be £500 for the day's hire with a maximum of 20 riders (so £25 each). I've yet to finalise this with the circuit owner and arrange a date but once this is sorted it will be on a first come first served basis. If interest is really high then we may have to run a number of track days to ensure everyone gets the opportunity. For example, Hampshire A-Group track day, Hampshire B-Group track day and Hampshire C-Group track day.

For the quad boys I can't promise anything but am still working on it. This would have to be a separate track day for quads only if they go for it.

With only 20 riders per day it does mean open track from 10am to 4pm so loads of bike time for the money and they are still busy working on the track at the moment putting in the new layout.

afro
Back to top Go down
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:31 pm

im up 4 this sounds like it will b a top day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 am

Please save me a space. What a Face I hope it misses my hols No
Back to top Go down
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 pm

As soon as you have a date Olly i will confirm if myself and mates will be in Smile
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Spoke to the track organisers and a few options available. I'm having a meeting with them later this week to discuss further so will post an update once i've spoken to them. Laughing

The one thing they did say is no quads so sorry guys, I did try. No
Back to top Go down
bren#75

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:15 pm

hi olly, sounds like your doing a sound job in trying to organize a track day can you count me in if there is enough spaces see you sunday at the races
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:38 pm

OK, this is moving along nicely. Here's how it's going to run....

The track day will be at Golding Barn Raceway and a closed session for 20 Hampshire Members, solos only. The cost will be £25 per rider for the day with an open track from 10am to 4pm so you can ride for as long as you want. This will be a strictly first come first served basis and I will need your entry money up front. As Jamie says, when it's full it's full so get in there quick. If this one goes well I will be organising another one soon after and possibly further days in the future to ensure everyone has the opportunity to ride.

Once I have 20 riders entered I will take a few reserves in case of drop outs. If you are entered and then can't make it you must let me know well in advance so I can fill the slot and refund your cash. Cancellation deadline will be one week before the meet. Anytime after that and your cash will be done so it will be up to you to then find another Hampshire rider to take your place. The track price is fixed so I don't want to be left paying a fortune for no shows.

Should the weather turn nasty and the track closed we will reschedule and you will all be notified in advance of the day.

The only thing left is to decide a date. Options are as follows:
Monday 22nd June
Tuesday 23rd June
Tuesday 14th July
Tuesday 21st July

I'm thinking Monday 22nd June as this falls nicely between a HMX meeting on the 14th and UMX on the 28th.
As I said, I'll be looking to put another one on in July and then maybe again in August depending on how things go.

Entry for the day will not open until a date has been finalised and I've placed the deposit with Golding Barn so let me know which date is preferrable.

For those that haven't been to Golding Barn Raceway it's a great track near Lancing \ Worthing. Well prepared, hard pack with some great jumps. They've just finished revamping the top of the circuit and it all sounds good. Toilets and cafe on site and there will be marshalls and first aid. Check out their website at www.goldingbarnraceway.co.uk.

Cool, let me know your feelings on the date so I can get this booked.

afro
Back to top Go down
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm

put me down olly and 4 more Cool any date is ok with me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bren#75

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm

count me in if you can any date is good see you sunday cheers bren!
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 am

22nd or 23rd good for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
phil Weston #12
KTM65
KTM65
phil Weston #12

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:59 am

Count me in, any dates cool with me
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

Monday 22nd June is now confirmed so get it in your diary and book the day off work.
I will be uploading the entry forms for you to download later this week.
Only 20 places so when it's full it's full. Your place is only guaranteed on receipt of a completed entry form and cheque.
If this one goes well I'm planning to run another one at the end of July.

afro
Back to top Go down
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 am

Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 am

Sweet!! Looking good bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn   Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn Empty

Back to top Go down

Hampshire Club Trackday - Golding Barn
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next