Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Incentive to provide a marshall?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darren#77Q
RM250
RM250
Darren#77Q

Incentive to provide a marshall????? Empty
PostSubject: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I've noticed that there always seems to be a lack of marshalls for the afternoon sessions at the club, would it be an idea to provide some sort of incentive for riders to provide a marshall for the whole day.

How about if the club paid your entry for the day if you provided a marshall for the whole day.

This always seems to hold up the start of the afternoons racing at most meetings.

Any ideas / suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:51 am

SMX do this. They either pay the marshal for the day (£20 i think) or give them (or there friend/family member) the days riding. Works really well i think and there are always plenty of marshals available Smile
Back to top Go down
quadracer64
KTM65
KTM65
quadracer64

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

hi tried to get my wife to marshall but she asked WHY???? Question
when at nora she would gets 50 quid wohoo and gets a better view.
so yes there does need to be more in it for them, as they all dont do it for the love of it, or for the love of me, in my wifes case lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun#123
PW50
PW50

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Why dont the riders pay their own marshalls, thats what i do. I cant see why the club should pay the marshalls, at the end of the day the marshalls are there for the riders benefit not the clubs. I think they should not let the riders who are balloted sign on if they haven't got a marshall up untill all the marshall spots for both morning and afternoon are all full. just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Darren#77Q
RM250
RM250
Darren#77Q

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Shaun#120 wrote:
Why dont the riders pay their own marshalls, thats what i do. I cant see why the club should pay the marshalls, at the end of the day the marshalls are there for the riders benefit not the clubs. I think they should not let the riders who are balloted sign on if they haven't got a marshall up untill all the marshall spots for both morning and afternoon are all full. just my opinion.

I may be wrong but I think the club have a legal obligation to have marshalls for the insurance policy to be valid.

Every club I have been to in the past either pays the marshalls( from your fine for not providing one) or pays the riders entry fee for the day.

The club get enough £20 fines to cover this cost easily( that's if everyone gets fined and doesn't wait till the last minute to sign on, hoping all the marshalls posts are covered)

Do the maths..........150 riders half of which don't provide marshall(odd/even split)so 75riders-15 marshalls for whole day makes 60 x £20=£1200...15 entry fees of £35 = £525 leaving £675.. thats a nice little profit for the club don't you think.

It just takes the mick when the club can't get on with racing in the afternoon and have to beg people to go and marshall.

Last edited by Darren#77Q on Mon May 18, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting mistakes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incentive to provide a marshall?????   Incentive to provide a marshall????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Incentive to provide a marshall?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat Room :: General Chat-
Jump to: