Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grovsey #98

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

Grovsey #98 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grovsey #98   Grovsey #98 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 am

Mark Groves (Grovesy)

Age 26

Southampton

Started riding MX in late 2002, and then started racing in 2003 with SMX. Started with a 99 CR125, then onto a 01 Dixon YZ125. Early 2004 i moved onto a 00 YZF426 and hated it so swapped for a 01 CR250.

Rode the CR250 for a while and pulled in a few trophys in C/B groups at SMX. Then, in Oct 04 had a bad accident at Horsham where someone landed on my head whilst i was down. Spent a week in hospital, and 6 months off work with dizziness and memory probs. Also smashed my front teeth out.

Came back in middle of 05 and after just 3 rides crashed at Cusses whilst practicing and broke right ankle. Another 4 months off.

Late 05 came back on a 04 YZF250 but after just a few practices found it a bit underpowered so swapped for a 04 CRF450. Raced that on and off with SMX for a while and then at end of 06 bought a 06 RMZ450 new.

Rode few SMX meetings and a couple of UMX meetings in 07 but struggled with a slipped disc in my back. Then crashed badly at Foxholes with UMX in Sept and smashed my ankle to bits. Had it pinned and plated and was out for at least 6 months.

Came back in March 08 on a 05 KTM SX125, but then switched to a 06 CRF250. Really enjoyed the bike and did a lot of practice to get back in the swing of things. Rode a few SMX meetings again and the speed started to improve a little but my ankle was still very painful.

Jan this year and i switched to a 04 CRF450 with hardly any hours it and decided i wanted to try some 'proper' racing with Hampshire MX. And so far in my first season of 'proper' racing i am feeling pretty good. Running mainly in the top 12 of the B group and even got in the A group last week. Just enjoying riding new tracks and feel i'm improving at each round, hope it continues..... Cool
Back to top Go down

Grovsey #98
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat Room :: Rider Profiles-
Jump to: