Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hovis #20

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hovis #20
KXF250
KXF250
Hovis #20

Hovis #20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hovis #20   Hovis #20 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:31 am

Ian Brown aka Hovis.
45 years old... Shocked
2002 CRF450.
Best races where some of my rides within the South Mids Centre riding my RM250 and later CR500. Happy days.
Also some rides at Fobdown & Swanmore (More about that place later)

Started racing back in 1984 on a KX125 followed by a YZ250. South Mids meetings and SMX (Remember Blackbush and Dogmersfield). The YZ was replaced by a GM250 Maico which was a fantastic bike...while it stayed in one piece.
The Maico was gone and in rolled a 1988 RM250 which i did manage to get some good results again, racing with Berkshire Motocross Club, SMX & again South Mids Centre. The RM was borrowed from my garage without my consent which took the wind out of my sails for a while, but i did get that bike back (In a sorry state). It was rebuilt but i had my eyes on a new steed..A 1990 CR500..

The 500 was a great bike which was a blast to ride. Fobdown in 2 gears..Oh what fun..
Early 500 races where again at Berkshire and SMX (Winning a few 500 chanpionship races) and later my first serious injury at Fobdown. A destroyed ACL which was rebuit after a few months because it would dislocate at any time which wasn't good.

I signed up with HMX on the 500 racing the 500 chanpionship (Proper 500's as well) but the writing was on the wall.
The tracks had changed (Cusses etc) and the old steel frame 500 handled like a JCB with flat tyres) and i had the chance to buy a ex-RWJ CRF450.
Rode it a loved it and it's still the bike i race now.

But.........2008......Easter Weekend.....Swanmore.....B group/first race.......

Not sure what went on but after the finish flag before the big jump the bike slipped sideways and spat me off. I landed pretty bad and didn't bounce. Result...5+ (Doctor's didn't know haw many) Ribs. Cracked C3 Bone in the neck. Lung full of god knows what. Heavy brusing all down one side. And a very teary wife.
5 days in Winchester on pain killers and Oxygen wasn't good. The year was over and so was Motocross. I rode at Matterly in 2008 but struggled and rode very tight. The Ribs were still broken and the neck very stiff but it was good fun.

2009...We'll see..... sunny
Back to top Go down

Hovis #20
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat Room :: Rider Profiles-
Jump to: