Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

transponders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wt79
YZ85
YZ85

transponders Empty
PostSubject: transponders   transponders EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 am

so,whats the feelings about transponders? I'm for it...... Long live 2 strokes! fight
Back to top Go down
mitchell 81
PW50
PW50

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 am

Yes I think it will be a good idea, the vote at the presentation evening was unanimous I thought?
Back to top Go down
wt79
YZ85
YZ85

transponders Empty
PostSubject: transponders   transponders EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 am

that was probably the drink talking. maybe the club could rent them out per meeting if people can't afford to buy one outright.don't know if this would be viable,or the cost to the club,but it's a thought.I used to hire one for the day when doing red bull 2 stroke,think it was about £10. Drink3
Back to top Go down
mitchell 81
PW50
PW50

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Not sure it was the drink?

£80 isnt even 2 tyres Wink with a few weeks notice im sure most members could find £80

We can use our transponders at other meetings, get data from our race day, get practice at timed qualifying, save time on race day format = have longer timed practice/qualifing.

Its the future IMO
Back to top Go down
jackcez57
PW50
PW50

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:11 am

i think that they're a real good idea to be honest! alot more proffesional and they can helpyou with your riding!
Back to top Go down
wt79
YZ85
YZ85

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:47 am

I think in the next couple of years majority of clubs will be running with transponders anyway,so you'll have to get one if you ride elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Some clubs hire transponder's per meeting normally at a cost of £20 of which £10 is refundable on returning the unit at the end of the day. The down side of this would be the club having to shell out for the kit first but this would bring more revenue in at each meeting in the long run.

Transponders are definitely the way forward in my opinion. Acurate results everytime regardless of conditions and timed qualifying rather than having a series of races. A quicker and easier approach to practise and qualifying by combining the 2 sessions. Plus riders can then be quickly and easily sorted in order of their qualifying time when lining up at the gate for the main races rather than the usual scrum to get a good gate. Fastest time = first pick of the gates. On top of this you get a nice clear break down of everyones lap times.

Plus this would make doing the results and standings a lot easier and quicker posting online.
thumbup2
Back to top Go down
https://hampshiremx.forumotion.com
JonnyB92
PW50
PW50
JonnyB92

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:06 am

Chris and I already have transponders as we've been using them for the South Midlands Center and they're really good.

You have a few laps practice after which timing begins for a further few laps. The club then just prints off the order of your lap times which puts you in A,B or C. The order of your gate pick is dependant on your lap time.

Its really quick, plus when you get home you can go online and view all of the lap times throughout the day and compare it to other riders' times. The data is saved against your profile so the more tracks you go to, the more records you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

transponders Empty
PostSubject: Re: transponders   transponders Empty

Back to top Go down

transponders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat Room :: General Chat-
Jump to: