Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tracks for next year ?

Go down 
+9
chris quad #20
Roy # 114
src mx division
Olly
bri211
Darren#77Q
Grovesy #98
Clayts #35
tunnell 2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

Tracks for next year ? Empty
PostSubject: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:54 pm

How much would riders pay 2 ride at these tracks foxhills culham frome ?
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:19 am

£40 -£45 seems fair thumbup
Back to top Go down
http://www.rmeservices.com
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:03 am

Yeah i aggree, the better the track the more we'll pay bounce

Would love to race Cusses, frome, canada heights, foxhills etc Drink1
Back to top Go down
Darren#77Q
RM250
RM250
Darren#77Q

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:18 am

It's a bit of a trek but has anyone ridden at Wroxton near Banbury, this is an awesome track.
Gets real rough in places but is mostly a natural track with a few good jumps in there too.
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 am

Any ideas who to talk to Inquire about the track?
Back to top Go down
Darren#77Q
RM250
RM250
Darren#77Q

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:29 am

Not sure myself, but Chris Murphy from NORA MX probably does as he is the guy who books the tracks.Here's a link to contact details.

http://www.nora-mx.org.uk/info2.cfm?info_id=90723
Back to top Go down
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:33 am

A shout to Roy and Olly. Please can we look into the above. Maybe a link to a track.???? cheers
Back to top Go down
bri211
PW50
PW50

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 pm

up to 60 sounds fair if you want decent tracks they come at price if we can get them Question
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:47 pm

If we are into travelling a bit further what about Ringmer, Winterpick or Marshfield? There are also a few tracks around Gatwick as I keep seeing them when coming into land. Some of them look well good!! Not sure who has them but Crawley & DMCC must know.

Will check out Wroxton near Banbury and pass all details onto Jamie.
Would defo pay the extra dollar for a round at Foxhills!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
src mx division
CR125
CR125
src mx division

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:54 am

Olly#8 wrote:
If we are into travelling a bit further what about Ringmer, Winterpick or Marshfield? There are also a few tracks around Gatwick as I keep seeing them when coming into land. Some of them look well good!! Not sure who has them but Crawley & DMCC must know.

Will check out Wroxton near Banbury and pass all details onto Jamie.
Would defo pay the extra dollar for a round at Foxhills!!
i think jamie has knocked foxhills on the head due to the astronomical cost, i think 4 grand was mentioned and you pay up front. if the weathers too bad and you have to call it off " tough titties"
Back to top Go down
Roy # 114
CR125
CR125
Roy # 114

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Try 6 grand for Foxhill.
The club would love to go there but at that money it is not possible.
Culham only wanted the charity event, and that is abit far for the people organising it.
I think some other tracks like Marshfield need to be looked at for next year.
Back to top Go down
chris quad #20
YZ85
YZ85
chris quad #20

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Cusses was 3 grand and the club struggled with that expense. i know jamie wanted to put the entry fee up on certain tracks and i think cusses is well worth the extra. i think there might have been an issue with quads at cusses though, although that could just be the gossip mongers. roost
Back to top Go down
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 pm

do u know how much they want 4 a meeting at culham £5000 i have been told 2 day r they taking the p*** Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
chris quad #20
YZ85
YZ85
chris quad #20

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 am

£5000 affraid Hmmmmm think i might have to buy a field at this rate, sounds like a right money earner.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar
CR125
CR125
Rockstar

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:01 pm

chris quad #20 wrote:
Cusses was 3 grand and the club struggled with that expense. i know jamie wanted to put the entry fee up on certain tracks and i think cusses is well worth the extra. i think there might have been an issue with quads at cusses though, although that could just be the gossip mongers. roost

Hi firstly I would be happy to pay £45 to ride a good track, or even a track that has been prepped well. (please dont get me started on that one).As for gunner one of the best tracks in the south why isnt it viable! Plenty of schoolboy clubs ride there and the entry fee for the little ankle- biters is a mere £20 to £25 maths is not my strong point but the return would be less for them, wouldnt it ?.

Sadly I wont be riding with the club next year, its a great club and I have had many happy seasons, but as money is tighter I cant justify paying to ride tracks that I feel are a crock of s**t. All clubs have to ride swanmore and the like, but only once a season not three times. Tracks are hard to find and they were in the "80s but stick some premier tracks in the calander and raise the entry fee. rant over
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 pm

I hear what you are saying Rockstar and agree to an extent but Hampshire club still offers a great series to the club racer compared to some other clubs. Plus, it's not always about the racing, I love the social side of things and I've met many good friends through the club. OK, I know I’m probably a bit biased but I look at TMX and there are clubs hosting their 6 round summer series at only 2 venues.

This year we have 5 tracks on the calendar. Bummer about Matterley, if that had happened it would have stopped everyone moaning!!! But that was out of the club's control. Tracks are being lost every season but still HMX has a good variety albeit on worn out tracks. I think we are lucky to have such a well organised and friendly club to enjoy our sport on a good variety of tracks. Sure they're not the best circuits in the country and could be better prepared but at least it's competitive bike time without having to bust the budget on travelling all over the place.

I agree that Cusses is local and a premier track, we've raced there before so why not this season?? One for Jamie to answer......

Tracks are hard to come by and with arsehole council officials not prepared to listen we are fighting a loosing battle. The tracks are out there tho.... Marshfield, Ringmer, Rusper, Owslebury, etc. The annual AGM is the place to air your views and hopefully next season we'll see some new tracks or the existing tracks revamped.

My personal opinion is that people should stop moaning and appreciate what we've got! Rant over Laughing roost

Last edited by Olly#8 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
src mx division
CR125
CR125
src mx division

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:08 pm

i to feel the same as rockstar. i sadly think its time for a change. Sad as for travelling its 100 miles to binstead to ride on a bloody dump.......um no thanks
Back to top Go down
mike #96
YZ85
YZ85

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 am

why not try and get a few of tony fords tracks like elvetham and northchaple. they are some good tracks. and would be a change what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Paul#11
RM250
RM250
Paul#11

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:09 am

Yeah Mike it would be good, but it is the Tony Ford thing!! i can't type it???? pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Rockstar
CR125
CR125
Rockstar

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Olly

Can you tell me what 5 tracks are sighed up for next year!!

How about a stubble field this time of year plenty of schoolboy clubs use them not that I know of any except one near gunner that gets used, would be nice and soft plenty of lines etc.
Back to top Go down
Paul#11
RM250
RM250
Paul#11

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 am

There is a stubble field used at Baybridge (near marwell), you would have to speak to the Winchester club about it but im sure they might let hmx use it??? Wasn't there one near Fobdown??
Back to top Go down
Roy # 114
CR125
CR125
Roy # 114

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:42 am

Tracks for next year are:
Swanmore, West Meon, Foxholes, Whitings Water and Binstead.I know Jamie has had a look at, at least 1 new track for next year.
Hopefully there be improvements to West Meon if Tony T gets his way!
I am sure Jamie, and others will be trying hard to find some new venues for next year, but it has to be at a reasonable cost to the club as the so called premier tracks charge a premier price.
SMX run every week of the year and i think they have 4 tracks?
The point of the matter is if you race with the same club, you are going to ride the same tracks, FACT, it is not the fault of the clubs, more the stupid world we now live in.
I think people need to look at the club, its members, helpers, spectators etc and make their conclusions from that, not the tracks or how many the club has.
When it comes to the club itself, you will not find a better, more friendly club than Hampshire Motocross Club.
cheers
Back to top Go down
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:43 am

At the end of the day we all want somewhere to ride i can count up 30 tracks that have been lost since i have been racing (27 years) i know some of the tracks we use need a bit of work (hope 2 start with west meon soon) but there better than no where to ride roost
Do know there is no way mr ford would hire any tracks to any club as seems to be the way with most clubs that have there own tracks roost
Back to top Go down
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 am

Roy # 28 wrote:
SMX run every week of the year and i think they have 4 tracks?
Exactly my point Roy same thing week in week out. Sure Northchapel is an ok track but they could do so much more with it plus there's no way Tony Ford would hire it out.

Stuble field would be good for a change tho, nice and loose.
Back to top Go down
mike #96
YZ85
YZ85

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 am

if you want a stuble field for next year i can talk to my friend who ahs just started racing and we have built a few little tracks out in his fields after the harvest and one has a good bank init wich pourtsmouth used years ago which would make a perfect jump aswell. if any interest i could talk to my mates dad and see what he says. what you think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tracks for next year ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tracks for next year ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next