Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Round 7 Whitings Water

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Clayts #35

Round 7 Whitings Water Empty
PostSubject: Round 7 Whitings Water   Round 7 Whitings Water EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:43 am

Great Track roost - Walked around the track in the rain on sunday morning and the track could not be in a better condition. Cool

Heat Race – Good start took the lead on lap 1 until Tony came passed on the last lap. Finished 2nd

MX1 Race – Good start 4th Passed 1 place and held 3rd till the finish tongue

A1 – Peg 24 - OK jump out of the start but I was hit into the first bend and lost a few places. I was about 9th on the first lap. Pulled through to 7th by half way. Took a bit of time getting past Paul Dunford on the RM250. Once passed Paul I pulled a gap and settled for 6th.

A2 – Peg 12 – Not a bad start around 6th on the first lap. Passed 147 on the 450 KX who had another blinding start. I had Rupert Heaton pushing hard behind. Rupert passed me into one of the tight corners before the finish. I followed Rupert before I made a pass back over the table top at the bottom of the track. Pushed hard for the last 2 laps to finish 5th.

Finished 5th Overall . Very much looking forward to racing this track again soon thumbup2
Back to top Go down
http://www.rmeservices.com
Olly
Admin
Admin
Olly

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 Whitings Water   Round 7 Whitings Water EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Got to Whitings Water on Saturday evening and the track looked awesome. Had a look round and liked the changes that had been put in and the new start layout looked good.

Sunday morning and the rain helped the track if anything. I was out in first practise which was good fun as the track was really deep and loose. In the qualifier I got an OK jump out of the gate on the wet grass with the new Golden Tyre on the rear hooking up. Paul Cannon got the holeshot and I slotted into second. I stayed with Paul for most of the race but then ran wide on a corner and hit a post really hard head on and nearly went over the bars. Got going and settled for second. Back at the pits and noticed the front pipe was bent but not too bad and no cracks.

The 2stroke shootout was a blast as the track was getting really good with some great lines and awesome berms. Got the holeshot and lead for a while but then Kevin Murray came passed on his Yamaha and gapped me as he had some great wide lines and was riding really smooth. I got my head down and started to catch him but then made another mistake and ran over a berm into the loose stuff and lost a load of time. Race done and second again which was cool.

A1 - peg 29 not great but lined up pretty much where I wanted on the far left hand side to set me up for a nice sweeping first corner. Got a great jump and pulled a good holeshot. Let it all hang out for the first few laps and then had a look behind to see Paul Cannon and Tony Tunnell right there. Didn't look behind again and just focused on my lines and railing the berms. Held off Tony and Paul for the win which was really cool.

A2 - peg 26. Another great start but it was Paul Cannon who got the holeshot. I nearly went down in the first corner on the wet grass but saved it and took off after Paul. Harry Seymour then came flying through and checked out in the lead. I then got passed by Kevin Murray and so was down to 4 th but held onto Paul and Kevin who were having a great battle in front of me. Finished the race in 4 th which was good enough for the overall.

Can't wait to get back to Whitings Water, a proper motocross track!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
Grovesy #98
YZF450
YZF450
Grovesy #98

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 Whitings Water   Round 7 Whitings Water EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:46 am

All the way up on Sunday morning the rain wash lashing down and the roads were flooded. I thought it would be a wash out and would find a big sign on the gate saying 'CANCELED'. Well, pulled into the pits about 9am to find it quite dry and everyone raring to go! Twisted Evil

Never been to the track before and it looked awesome......and rode even better!

1st Practice was cool, loose soft and grippy surface and the layout was perfect for the 450.

Heat 2 - Got quite a good start and followed a KTM for the whole race, and was blasted all over from roost from start to finish! Managed to get past on the last lap though which made it worth it. Finished 13th.

MX1 - Quite a good start again, running in the top 10 and went too deep the berm under the tree down the bottom. Went into the dust like a dart! Laughing . Remounted and finished with a couple behind me.

B1 - Good start from the outside, but had a poor first lap or so. Just felt 'off' for some reason. Then it just dawned on me that i had to kick it up a gear or finish last! Got my head down and worked back through to finish 12th.

B2 - Another good start (New Dunlop working well all day), Was running about 10th and starting to make a move forwards when i came into the big dust berm after the finish jump right behind someone. They blasted the berm and sprayed dust up everywhere, so i guessed where the berm was and got it wrong Evil or Very Mad . Went down and stalled the bike. Took forever to get it started and got going again last i think! Well, i knew i had work to do so pulled a tear off and really got down to it. Over the next 5 or 6 laps i just railed everything best i could and kept on going. Finished 21st, and although not a great result, i was very happy with the way i rode.

The track was awesome and cant wait to get there agin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 Whitings Water   Round 7 Whitings Water Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 7 Whitings Water
Page 1 of 1