Share | 

Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duffman
PW50
PW50

PostSubject: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey y'all, just thought I'd start a thread based on riders replying with their favourite tacks that they've ridden over the years....??

I'm torn between two.....

Asham Woods (Frome, Somerset)
that's a beast of a track and the most fun I've ever had racing Sidecars, the natural valley with the big hills is the nuts!! Soooooo gutted that HMX cannot get a meeting there as I'd love to race my Quad there.

When I came out of retirement and bought a quad, I never thought I'd race a current GP track, so in 2011 when I first went out for my first ever ride on this track, I literally had pooh in my pants!!! What a track!!!! Truly awesome. I finished the day grinning from ear to ear. Very Happy for this reason, my second choice has to be Matterley Basin!

Track I'd give my left bollock to ride would be the Ken Hall track Manor Farm, Langrish!
Always wanted to race my sidecar there but never got the chance Crying or Very sad

Lets here your favourite tracks and why you love them?.

P.s. all you solo boys calling Quads "Gay" lol! .... I have raced solos, sidecars and now quads over a twenty year period since schoolboy mx and I can honestly say sidecar mx is the best by a long long way. It was also the toughest & most knakering, yet the best fun ever.
I'd go back to it but its just far too expensive now. Crying or Very sad

After watching a fantastic World championship in 2012 I'm half tempted to try out Speedway.... roost ha ha

Looking forward to 2013 season with HMX.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olly
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Good choice! Loved racing Frome, proper old school natural motocross how it should be!
I raced a lot of cool natural tracks in Scotland back in the day. Pathcondie in Fife was amazing, Drumoak in Aberdeen was real good, Glenifer Brays in Glasgow was verging on a GP track.

My favourite of all has to be Matterely Basin even tho I broke my leg & smashed myself up good & proper there last year racing in the Vets GP.

Club tracks it has to be Whitings Water. Great natural layout, perfectly prepped evertime & great dirt.

Have a good season!! I'm still on crutches Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
danno

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Matterly basin would be my best track.
Canada heights would be my 2nd, that's only if i'd had the fitness to tackle it properly as a sidecar passenger, hey duffman Wink

Hope you get back to full health soon Olly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olly
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 pm

danno wrote:
Canada heights would be my 2nd, that's only if i'd had the fitness to tackle it properly as a sidecar passenger, hey duffman Wink

Canada Heights is a cracker!! Found it hard work though but never been a fan of the sand.
Cheers Danno, more X-Rays tomorrow so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
Duffman
PW50
PW50

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Olly wrote:
danno wrote:

Canada Heights is a cracker!! Found it hard work though but never been a fan of the sand.
Cheers Danno, more X-Rays tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Hey Olly,
Unless you've worked it out, Danno was my passenger when we raced sidecars. :thumbup2

Hope you get some good news at "The Quacks" tomorrow ?

As Danno will confirm, I've had my fair share of hospital visits. Most of the whilst racing sidecars!

Worst ones were:

May 98' fractured two vertebrae - racing up at Dunmow, The track that has a bomb hole with a river running through the bottom of it. 2 weeks on my back in hospital and then 2 month in a body brace. Back racing that October though.

Danno was run over by the following sidecar and had his "upper leg" (ARSE CHEEK) slashed open by their front brake disc. Funny having his Butt stitched up in casulty,,, ! lol!

Sept 2000 fractured pelvis around the hip socket and both bones (t &f) in lower right leg and we hadnt even started racing... That was in practice! Another classic track though - Rusper (near Crawley - it's a twickenham club track)
Had surgery first thing the Monday morning. The lower broken bones were at a 40 degree angle and almost protruding he skin. They docs sliced open my knee and nailed a titanium rod down through the inside if the Tibia, through the break and in two the lower broken bone, then they cross nailed the rod both above and below the break and then stapled my knee up. Had to remain in my leg for 18 months then had it removed. Got thre tiny neat little scars on my leg and knee. Really quite impressed on how neat and tidy they did it. I have nothing but the deepest respect and much gratitude to the NHS as in these cases of emergencies for me, I cannot fault them for their care and service provided. I was stuck in Redhill hospital ifor two weeks n the middle of the petrol crisis with no one able
Visit because of the fuel situation...... Look back and laugh at it now thouh lol!

Hope you get well soon mate and get back up onto the horse soon as. .... Get yer entry into Matterley and rid the demons.... fight ha ha

Did you race at Halstead, Wakes Colne,up in Essex? It was always part of sidecar championships? That was a cracking track!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 am

think it would have 2 be fox and hounds or foxhill b4 there were jumps every where club track would b yarley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hovis #20
KXF250
KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Without question my favorite track would be Swanmore.

How I loved that track.... roost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?   

Back to top Go down

Your Fav Tracks You've Ridden..?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1