Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
src mx division
CR125
CR125

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:02 pm

[quote="Roy # 28"]Tracks for next year are:
[b]Swanmore, West Meon, Foxholes, Whitings Water and Binstead.
having talked to farmerboi he was very surprised Shocked you have named whitings water as a venue for next year as nothing has been confirmed, a field he can only use for motocross and have 4 meetings a year on" THE BEST PREPPED" track on the calender does not bring in a lot of lolly, so when clubs are offering at least 1500 , some more, at this current climate i dont hold a lot of hope
i see where hes coming from as if the track doesn`t pay its way, it will have to go...........that would be another track gone just like that Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg Fisher
KTM65
KTM65

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

hey everyone. i mentioned owslebury a few times in the past and jamie mentioned that the beloved winchester council restricted the track to only 3 meeting a year all of which are taken by the umx series. i think the tracks we have are good apart from binsted !. west meon is and will be a good track just needs some life breathing back into it. And if T T gets let lose on it his plans are very good, swanmore needs the same good layout just needs some work. cusses is a good venue gutted we did not go this season would be a well welcomed addition if jamie can get it back, even if he raised the entry £5 to cover it after all you all paid it to ride at swanmore... like olly said turn up and voice yourself's at the agm......... roost roost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:20 pm

ok some of the tracks people dont like but have any riders tried 2 get a track i can tell u it is a nightmare soon as u say its 4 motocross its a no then there is the council 2 deal with fight
there is a track about 5min drive from my house that the mortimer club have a lot like whitings water but they will not let any one else use it Sad
it is clubs like this that r doing the sport no good at all
rant over back 2 the tracks we did use a field up past jamies house about 8 to 9 years ago idunno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olly
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Just like to add that I rode UMX at West Meon at the weekend and despite the dust the track rode really well. I think they must have ripped up a few sections. Was nice a loose in places and lots of lines to choose from with some cracking berms. If Tony T has his way this could easily be a quality track!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rsrmx.co.uk
Clayts #35
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250
Rinaldi Yamaha YZF250

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 am

Going back a bit but when I was in schoolboys racing in the 1980’s we hardly ever went to the same tracks but you had to travel. Devon, Wales, Yorkshire ect. The tracks included swanmore and in the early 90s west meon. Things have not changed that much the good tracks are a distance and if you won’t to ride local unfortunately the tracks will repeat. The sport is becoming expensive (New yams quoted £7,100) and I’m for one is seriously thinking it may be time to hang up the boots after 27 years (with a few injury brakes) with the costs and the tracks in mind. I have looked into tracks and I can’t find anyone that will help. I was at winterpick on Sunday at a twin shock race and spoke to Dixon about winterpick. Again it’s closed to the club same as Canada heights. I have been invited to race a few meetings with the school boys British rounds at good tracks for £40 and I know olly rode foxhills with this series. I cant see how schoolboys don’t have to pay as much entry as I’m sure insurance must be the same.

Last time when binstead was on I was asked to race at culham for £40 and I paid £5 less for binstead? (After a new tyre and tube it cost a lot more) Do some meetings / clubs get charged a different price? If Hampshire has been quoted 5k I can’t understand this. Suspect

I have ridden with many clubs and Hampshire has to be the best run. SMX costs a small mortgage to race on the day and you get 10mins x3 and it finishes around midnight after the pre 90, over 60 ,over 50 ,Mums race ect ect..

Anyway….

See you all at that top track Swanmore ! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rmeservices.com
tunnell 2
Monster Energy KXF250
Monster Energy KXF250

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 pm

just been reading on mx trax that matchams is opening back up in jan 2010 we have to have a meeting there will suit the riders that like a flat track lol! lol! lol! roost roost roost roost roost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracks for next year ?   

Back to top Go down

Tracks for next year ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chat Room :: General Chat-
Jump to: